Designed in consultation with professional chefs, the award winning Signature 11cm/4" santoku knife has a wide scalloped blade for precision chopping, slicing, dicing and mincing.
The scallops on the Santoku blade create a pocket of air between the blade and the food, which reduces friction and helps to prevent the food from sticking to the blade allowing you to cut things more finely and precisely. Suitable for meat, fish, fruits and vegetables.
The Japanese-style blade edge is at a 15° angle and the knife has an ergonomically shaped handle for comfort, balance and to minimise fatigue in use. The handle of the 11cm santoku knife is the smallest available in the santoku knife collection.
Also available: santoku knife 14cm, santoku knife 17cm, deep santoku knife 17cm
Choosing the right kitchen knife, the best knife for the task at hand, makes preparing a meal easier. Selecting the perfect knife for slicing, dicing or chopping allows you to work with accuracy and cut consistently, which helps food to cook more evenly. The specially hardened, high-quality, German stainless steel used for our Signature knives is durable, easy to clean and maintain.
The 11cm/4" santoku knife has a fully forged German DIN 1.4116 stainless steel blade with a full tang for superior strength.
German stainless steel, hardened to Rockwell 56, is used in the manufacture of all Robert Welch kitchen knives. The hardened German steel allows for easy home maintenance and a superior sharpness that lasts.
The handle is made from tactile DuPont™ POM and features the RW insignia, a permanent steel detail.
Blade Length: 110mm
CARE AND NEED TO KNOW:
By hand (recommended):
• Rinse the Signature knives to remove any traces of food.
• Wash gently in warm, soapy, water with a soft cloth. There is no need to soak your Signature knives.
• Thoroughly dry stainless steel knives individually.
• For the best finish, apply a non-abrasive metal polish.
In the dishwasher:
• Ensure your dishwasher setting are set as per the manufacturers' instructions for water hardness in your area.
• Maintain the appropriate salt and rinse aid levels in your dishwasher.
• Before placing in the dishwasher, rinse Signature knives to remove all traces of food.
• Wash stainless steel Signature knives separately to other metals, such as silver, in order to keep them in optimum condition.
• The best detergents for Signature knives are free from chlorides and citrus additives.
• Standard dishwasher programmes are recommended, there is no need to rinse and hold Signature knives.
• Occasional application of mineral oil to the handles of kitchen knives will maintain their colour. Remove any excess oil before use.
For further information please see our Kitchen Knives Product Care page.
Download our guide to sharpening your Signature Knife with the Signature Hand-held Knife Sharpener.
At Home and Beyond, we ensure that all orders will be delivered to you in good condition anywhere you are in Kenya. We have different shipping methods depending on your location.
Standard Nairobi Wide Shipping Orders made on Sunday will be dispatched on Monday Morning. RETURNS
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we cannot offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
We must receive notification of damaged products within 24 hours of delivery. We require a picture of the damaged item to be emailed to us at email@example.com for our review. For products damaged during delivery, please keep all original packing material for courier inspection in order to file a claim with the courier service. Once we receive the package in our office, we will assess it and give feedback within 48 hours.
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed.