ROBERT WELCH SIGNATURE FLEXIBLE UTILITY KNIFE 16CM/ 6.5"
Designed in consultation with professional chefs, the award winning Signature 16cm/6.5" flexible utility knife has a narrow blade and pointed tip for precision.
The flexible utility knife is a great all rounder, good for skinning and filleting fish, or boning and carving meat and poultry. The added flexibility ensures ease of handling around the bone.
The Japanese-style blade edge is at a 15° angle and the knife has an ergonomically shaped handle for comfort, balance and to minimise fatigue in use.
Choosing the right kitchen knife, the best knife for the task at hand, makes preparing a meal easier. Selecting the perfect knife for slicing, dicing or chopping allows you to work with accuracy and cut consistently, which helps food to cook more evenly. The specially hardened, high-quality, German stainless steel used for our Signature knives is durable, easy to clean and maintain.
The 16cm/6.5" flexible utility knife has a fully forged German DIN 1.4116 stainless steel blade with a full tang for superior strength.
German stainless steel, hardened to Rockwell 56, is used in the manufacture of all Robert Welch kitchen knives. The hardened German steel allows for easy home maintenance and a superior sharpness that lasts.
The handle is made from tactile DuPont™ POM and features the RW insignia, a permanent steel detail.
Blade Length: 160mm
CARE AND NEED TO KNOW:
By hand (recommended):
• Rinse the Signature knives to remove any traces of food.
• Wash gently in warm, soapy, water with a soft cloth. There is no need to soak your Signature knives.
• Thoroughly dry stainless steel knives individually.
• For the best finish, apply a non-abrasive metal polish.
In the dishwasher:
• Ensure your dishwasher setting are set as per the manufacturers' instructions for water hardness in your area.
• Maintain the appropriate salt and rinse aid levels in your dishwasher.
• Before placing in the dishwasher, rinse Signature knives to remove all traces of food.
• Wash stainless steel Signature knives separately to other metals, such as silver, in order to keep them in optimum condition.
• The best detergents for Signature knives are free from chlorides and citrus additives.
• Standard dishwasher programmes are recommended, there is no need to rinse and hold Signature knives.
• Occasional application of mineral oil to the handles of kitchen knives will maintain their colour. Remove any excess oil before use.
For further information please see our Kitchen Knives Product Care page.
Download our guide to sharpening your Signature Knife with the Signature Hand-held Knife Sharpener.