Retail Branch Manager
"To apply please send your CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Name and Position as the subject header"
About Home & Beyond
Home & Beyond was established in 2021 by its parent firm Redstar International Limited - with the aim of turning every house into a home by offering elegant and high quality products that inspire every household.
Home & Beyond has since grown into 2 retail locations and an e-commerce store with plans for rapid expansion.
In 2021, we ventured into the high-end retail segment with the opening of our flagship store at Sarit Centre Mall to become Kenya’s 1st home-grown furnishings store. This was followed with the opening of our second location at Rhapta Square in 2022.
We deal with over 2,000 SKUs under 7 Categories. Namely - Mattresses, Beddings & Pillows, Towels, Curtains & Upholstery, Table & Kitchen and Hospitality Solutions. With quality products under our H&B Brand which has maintained its sterling reputation in the market for over 10 years together with international brands such as Christy England, Robert Welch, and Denby Pottery (UK).
Our aim remains to expand into more locations to serve a diverse customer demographic and partner with internationally renowned brands to offer the finest selection of home goods.
What You’ll Do
- Administration: this will involve record keeping, filing, petty cash float management and other duties such as preparation of staff schedules/timetable.
- Sales: working towards the achievement of the allocated sales target through customer engagement, guide and motivate sales team, and provide feedback to management to in regards to product movement, store footfall, slow moving items, challenges faced and recommendations on areas of improvement.
- Stock Management: order planning for the branch to ensure fully stocked shelves, coordinating deliveries and receiving, ensure proper stock control, conduct stock takes/reconciliations, and oversee issuance of credit notes.
- Merchandising & Promotional Activities: ensure store cleanliness and appropriate arrangement of all products in their designated sections. Check whether all items are priced and labelled correctly with all POS Material/Signage in place.
- Till Management: undertake till/cash reconciliation daily and ensure banking of cash is done as advised by Finance.
- Customer Service & Staff Training: handle customer queries/complaints, approving client discounts, and train staff on customer service and engagement.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience. Preferably in a Sales/Retail
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related fields.
- Fluent in English and ideally, other local languages.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, experience in verbal communication and customer engagement.
- Organization and time management skills; ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical skills.
- Resilience and a determination to succeed.
- Independent thinkers with growth mindset.
- Must be passionate, self-motivated, and able to learn quickly.
- Personal values that match our company values.
- Strong sense of integrity.